Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blue Skies...

...Smiling at me...


...Nothing but blue skies do I see...

Well actually I have seen a few other things...

found some great old cars sitting on the side of the road today






and a wonderful old homeplace museum. 
Started my morning out with a wonderful breakfast of homemade blueberry muffins and delicious coffee prepared by my friend Gretta...

Then set out westward across the state of Mississippi, crossing over the 'mighty, muddy' river in to Louisiana and on west I-20 to Monroe...then dropped down though many small Louisiana towns along Hwy 165, including Pineville and Alexandria sitting on opposite sides of the Red River.  It was a beautiful drive all the way from Jackson to Lake Charles and I am enjoying my visit with my dear friend Caryn...Dinner tonight at O'Charlies...Cedar Plank Salmon with lemon pepper, Ceasar Salad and Brocolli Cheddar Casarole...good weather, good food, good friends...what more could a girl ask for on a road trip?

Goodnight from Lake Charles Lousiana...sleep tight, sweet dreams.

No comments: