Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day Three...The Journey Continues

So today, up at 6am to be sure to be ready when the movers got here to Caryn's at 8am...then wait...they were at least an hour late.  After hanging around watching them load the moving truck for a few hours we decided to go get a bite of lunch.  Found a great little place in downtown Lake Charles...Pujo Street Cafe.

The food was great and of course, so was the company.  Our waitress was very engaging and helped us with our choices along with snapping a photo of us at our table.  Really cool atmosphere.
After lunch and a quick stop to check on the movers we were off to Holly Beach and Cameron in the Cameron Parish.  As we followed the road along there were several places to stop and walk out to various lookout point.  At one point we found this couple on the dock...said they had been fishing and not catching anything so decided to try for some crab...
We continued to follow Hwy 27 through marshland and bayou to the Holly Beach where we saw this beautiful scene



We then took the Ferry across to Cameron.  We saw this handsome fella setting on one of the posts when we boarded the ferry.

We then continued on through Cameron on Hwy 27 and enjoying beautiful scenes like these along the way...


I really find Louisiana to be a beautiful and enchanting place and am looking forward to seeing a bit more of it tomorrow as I head back East and North towards Jackson MS.  I am planning to stop off in St.Francisville LA then on up to Natchez MS and the Natchez Trace Parkway.  I'll be back in Jackson tomorrow night with my friend Gretta.
So far I have had a wonderful trip with great weather and really enjoyed catching up with Caryn after so many years apart.  I am sorry that she will once again be so far away yet I know we will see each other again someday...in this lifetime or another and I am reminded again of one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors..."Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." ~ Richard Bach

No comments: