Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today I begin a new adventure...

Years ago, back in the days of my youth (well, early 20's), I did a good deal of traveling.  I loved being out on the road alone...no set time table, choosing my own route, stopping to see things I found interesting, eating where I wanted to...there was a special freedom in those travels.  It has been a very long time...and I can't wait to get on the road again!

My bags are packed...I'm ready to go.  Car gassed up...check.  Oil, brakes, tires all full...check.  Maps & directions, addresses, phone numbers...check.  Cameras...check.  Plenty of good music for the road...check.  Snacks and water...check.

This morning I will be setting of on what I hope to be only the first of many 'road trips' in my future...some alone and others with my dear hubby or son and eventually grandson.

My final destination for this trip...Lake Charles Louisiana.  That is where, at least for the next week, my best friend from Jr. High through High School (and a few years after that) is living.  We haven't seen each other in 30 years...Reunion time.  Along the way I will be stopping off to see another friend, or 2, and hopefully some interesting places and things.

Watch here for blogging, photos and video of this adventure...
I'm on the road again.

No comments: